In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Lexington Animal Clinic will be instituting the following precautions, as recommended by the KVMA (Kentucky Veterinary Medication Association) and AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association).
We ask our clients to follow these recommendations:
1. If you are concerned about the health of your animal(s), clients should call and discuss any concerns with staff before arriving at the clinic.
2. No client shall enter the clinic at this time.
3. All small animals must be in carriers or leashed.
4 All larger dogs must be securely leashed with a well-fitting collar or harness.
5. When bringing a pet to the clinic please pull to the curbside, in front of our office. A staff member will meet you outside to receive your pet. Do not enter the building. Please stay in your car.
6. A vet tech will call you to obtain a history and all pertinent information.
7. After your pet receives a complete examination Dr. Sheets will call to discuss the recommended treatment plan.
8. The receptionist will then receive payment over the phone.
9. A staff member will return your pet to your car and delivers any required medications
10. Call ahead for all prescription refills. We will follow the above protocol or mail them to your home.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call us at 859-447-9442